Monday, May 24, 2010

Just like us

Yesterday(24/05) I was at Nawaloka Hospital to consult a physician as I was continuously battered by Berny Fever. There were many people waiting for their turn, most of them had to keep standing because there were not enough seating facilities.
Suddenly my wife told me that "Your minister is here". When I looked that way I saw Health Minister Mr. Maithreepala Sirisena was standing few yards away. Initially I thought that he was there to attend some kind of hospital function.
I was prove to be wrong , he was there with his family to consult a doctor. He along with his family had to keep standing as there were not enough places to sit.After waiting there for about 20-30 min they got the chance to see the doctor.
It was quite surprising to see the Health Minister waiting in along with general public for his turn, Without a big bandwagon of security officers. These kind of politicians naturally earn there respect from general masses. It is even more heartwarming to note that this is our new minister.

3 comments:

  1. nice to see such a person becoming the health (or any kind of a) minister in SL.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So warm...
    -I felt some special hospitalities of Srilankan from Dr. Roshan and Mr. Riza from MOH since I applied for this MSc course
    -I felt there are differences in Sri Lanka politic since i called to Sri Lanka embassy in Ha Noi first time.
    -I met sweet security officers in the air port since i put my first steps in Sri Lanka land
    - I was surprise with hospitalities, friendly, tallent, active, strong from our bmi two batch mates
    And now I know all of above peaceful birds were from most of gentle, friendly, active, enthurisam Sri Lankan peoples here.

    ReplyDelete